Smother your mother with love in Freo for Mother’s Day on 14 May. Whatever her style or your budget, Fremantle is bursting with places to drink, dine and shop.
Why not extend the celebrations to the whole weekend—stay in one of the city’s hotels for the opti-mum experience!
Shout her brunch, lunch or dinner
Image: Sailing for Oranges
- Sailing for Oranges | These new kids on the block are celebrating Mother's Day with a beautiful, Mediterranean inspired buffet of fresh seafood, roasted meats, charcuterie, salads, and desserts. $85 per person includes a glass of sparkling wine or a beer by Calamity Rod. (Ages 5 - 16, $49 and kids under 5 eat free with a paying adult).
- Emily Taylor | Open for Yum Cha brunch from 9 am, and you have the option to go bottomless for two hours for $85pp from 9.30 am. Their a la carte menu will be available from 11.30 am - late for lunch or dinner plus live music in the garden from 1 pm.
- Gage Roads | Treat Mum like the legend she is and head port side for brews, views and brunch! Let Gage Freo help Mum feel spesh with Brunch in the Brewery! For $45 per person, you’ll be treated to a MUMosa’s on arrival (or a beer of your choice) followed by a special set brunch menu designed to share.
Brunch bookings are super limited, nab them while you can.
- Bathers Beach House | Enjoy a two-course set menu for $75 per person with a choice of 3 starters and a choice of 4 mains (and kids meals are available for $12 for those under 12).
- Sweetwater Rooftop | For a fabulous feast, try this special Mother’s Day Feed Me banquet, which includes dessert and a glass of sparkling, priced at $85 per person. Enjoy the ambience of this elegant venue, with lush décor and views of the ocean and North Fremantle. Bookings are essential.
- Republic of Fremantle | Gather the family to enjoy a bountiful, share style set menu from Head Chef
Emily Jones ($75pp set menu, with the option to add a drinks pairing).
- Sail and Anchor | Gather around the table and celebrate the many hats Mum wears over a bottomless brunch (10 am-11.30 am) including the ultimate grazing table, bottomless mimosas, Aperol & gin spritz, plus a free gift for Mum. Tickets are just $40 per person + booking fee.
- Jetty | Whisk your mum away to the riviera and spoil her with a feast! Pop the bubbles and let the Jetty team do the rest with their Mother’s Day at Jetty set menu (adult $65 | kids $25).
- Flight Club | For something a bit different, try High Tea and unlimited darts for $79 per person at Freo's newest venue.
- May Street Larder | This decadent Mother's Day High Tea includes a glass of bubbles or mimosa on arrival, bottomless tea and coffee, and exquisite sweet and savoury bites that Mum is sure to love.
- Madalena's Bar | Indulge in a 4-course set menu ($80pp, 2 hour sittings) for lunch (12pm, 12.30pm and 2pm, 2.30pm) or dinner (6pm, 6.30pm). The upstairs bar will be open as usual, from 1pm, if you missed a spot for lunch, or are just searching for a cocktail overlooking South Terrace.
- Wild in the Street | Wild Long Lunch in South Freo! Three courses of wood-fired Mediterranean share plates with a cheeky Prosecco on arrival for Mum ($60pp). Order creative cocktails from WA's best bartender or opt for expert drinks pairing.
- Mother | Perfectly named! Serving only plant-based meals, this low-waste restaurant uses only wholefoods, free from processed or artificial ingredients. Almost everything is made from scratch on site, including dairy-free cheeses to pair with the all-natural wine list.
Or treat mum to brekky at home
Old Bridge Cellars has taken the hard work out with its special ready-made breakfast box ($49.95). Includes Old Bridge Cellars NV Sparkling, Whisk & Pin Blueberry & Buttermilk Pancake Mix, orange juice, maple syrup, fresh blueberries and a choc heart. Add on a Mother's Day card for $6. Orders must be placed before Friday 12th May. Pick up over the weekend (Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th May). NOTE: You will also need 2 small eggs, 1½ cups of milk, knob of butter. Not included in box.
Spoil her with gifts
Take Mum shopping or pick a perfect present from the endless array of locally-owned boutiques or the famous Fremantle Markets. Check out The Artisan Store, Kate and Abel, Kartique, Sisko Store and Remedy.
Ocean Remedy Store is the spot to hunt for a sustainably savvy gift - from plastic free deodrants, to cards by local artists, upcycled earrings, pottery that comes in still warm from the kiln as well as handmade activewear.
Mother Earth Aromatherapy has a five-day Mother’s Day sale offering 20%-50% off from 9 - 13 May. This aromatic shop specialises in essential oils, crystals, mindfulness tools and gift boxes. Pampering facials are available in the spa room (booking required) and free bubbly will be flowing for you and Mum.
The perfect gift for an adventurous and fun-loving mum might just be a gift card to experience parasailing or a Jet Boat Thrill Ride from Cicerello's Jet Adventures.
Show your love with flowers
Join Walyalup (Fremantle) based floral artist Kiara from Slow Flowers in Stackwood's beautiful and hands-on floral arranging workshop celebrating mothers and mother figures—spend some time in the warehouse with your loved one, or make a bunch that speaks to how important they are to you.
Lime Flowers has prepared the loveliest Mother’s Day blooms and hampers, with extras such as chocolate and prosecco. The Twisted Tulip, in South Fremantle, sells stunning bouquets, plants, cards and hampers.
Make it a movie date
If Mum's first love is Farnsie, you'll be a close second when you spoil her with tickets to one of HOYTS' advance screenings of John Farnham: Finding the Voice on Sunday 14 May!
Extend your celebrations all weekend long!
Image: Hougoumont Hotel
Make a weekend of it by treating Mum to an overnight stay (or longer) in Freo.
Hougoumont Hotel is 20 metres from the Cappuccino Strip and a five-minute walk to the markets. Rooms are supplied with a Nespresso coffee machine, boutique teas and luxury toiletries, and a complimentary wine and cheese hour is hosted in the lobby lounge each evening.
For more spacious accommodation, Bannister 22 Hotel is also in the heart of the action. Gallery Serviced Apartments have three bedrooms, big balconies and a swimming pool, while Be.Fremantle offers views of the harbour or marina.