Dolphin Penguin & Sea Lion Adventure Cruise
See wild dolphins, sea lions and watch the penguin feeding at Penguin Island! This exhilarating 90 minute cruise takes in the highlights of the spectacular Shoalwater Islands Marine Park before concluding on Penguin Island,
Your cruise begins with getting up close with the local wild dolphins. Meet Logo, Boomerang, Blizzard or any other of over 200 local dolphins that we have come to know as friends. You may see mothers looking after new born calves, learn how they use stingrays to catch their dinner or see them spectacularly jumping out of the wake of our boat!
After spending some quality time with the dolphins, the return cruise takes in the highlights of Shoalwater Bay before concluding on beautiful Penguin Island in time for the penguin feeding.
* Dolphin Watching
*The sea lions at Seal Island
*Seeing the world's smallest penguins at Penguin Island
*Nesting ospreys, cormorants and terns
*Visiting the pelican rookery on Penguin Island
*Exploring the nature trail on Penguin Island and taking in the best coastal scenery in Perth
* 90 minute Adventure Cruise
* Penguin feeding at the Discovery Centre
* Free time to swim, snorkel or just relax on white sandy beaches
* Choice of return ferry at 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 or 4pm.
Penguin Island is a 45 minute drive south of Perth via the Kwinana Freeway. Exit onto Safety Bay Rd and follow State Tourist Route 202 to our shop on the corner of Arcadia Drive and Penguin Rd. There is free parking onsite. Public Transport
Take the train south from Perth on the Mandurah Line and get off at Rockingham. Buses depart from outside the station. Catch Bus 551 from Stand 9 or Bus 552 from Stand 10 then get off at Penguin Rd. Walk west along Penguin Rd towards the Rockingham Wild Encounters Shop on the beach. For bus & train times visit www.transperth.com.au
Penguin Island is currently closed from June 7, 2016 for the annual penguin nesting season. Ferries and cruises will resume normal operations from September 15, 2016. While Penguin Island is closed, Rockingham Wild Encounters offer the 60 minute Seal Islands Wildlife Cruise on their glass bottom boat. This cruise goes in search of the local wild dolphins as well as viewing the rare Australian Sea Lions and taking in the scenic highlights of the marine park. Cruises depart daily at 10.45am and 1.15pm.
BOOKINGS OF 3 PASSENGERS OR LESS-
Cancellations or amendments within 48 hours of departure are charged 50% of full tour price. Cancellations or amendments within 24 hours of departure are charged 100% of full tour price.
BOOKINGS OF 4 PASSENGERS OR MORE-
Cancellations or amendments within 7 days of departure are charged at 50% of full tour price. Cancellations or amendments within 48 hours are charged at 100% of full tour price.
* All tours are subject to weather conditions
* We accept single bookings however we require a minimum of 10 passengers to operate
* Maximum passenger numbers are 37.
* When working with wild animals we can never guarantee sightings however previous experience has shown that we work on a 99% success rate. There are no refunds in the event of not finding dolphins.
* Some of the wildlife we work with is seasonal and we cannot guarantee sightings of all species on every cruise but we will endeavour to do our best to ensure our passengers enjoy a satisfactory wildlife cruise
*Passengers will be required to sign a waiver of liability at check in to be eligible to participate